Saturday, November 28, 2009

SECRET WEAPON

By being just the way I am, I do have a secret weapon. Do you realize that you also have your own secret weapon? Indeed, everybody has their own. It might be that you have not discovered it yet. Believe in me, you do have it! Still having doubt? Doubting that you do have something incredible, which needed people to ponder upon you? Why underestimating your own self? Please my beloved friends! You are special. Just like your friends and me. Allah created us in the magnificent way that we have never imagined. SubhanAllah!

“Men We did create from a quintessence (of clay). Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed. Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood, then of that clot We made a (fetus) lump, then We made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh, then We developed out of it another creature; so, blessed be Allah, the Best to create!”

(Al-Mu’minun 23:12-14)

Back to the actual topic, secret weapon usually lies deep inside you. How come? That would probably the question surrounding your head right now. Let me explain how. I defined ‘secret weapon’ as something that absurd by lying inside you without people knowing that you have it. That might be a little hard to understand, right? I will make it simple. Let say, one fine evening you saw a young girl standing right beside you smiling at you. You did not return her smile instead of acting as if you are not noticing it. She is waiting for a train to arrive. She looks ordinary by holding dusky files inappropriate organized, her face looks pale and tired. Her appearance does not seem she is a tidy girl. Nobody ignore her existence, not even give her a gaze. That included you. Suddenly, her mobile phone ringing and you overheard she is talking to someone;

“Hello sir. Yes, about the issue that we have discussed earlier, I will try my best to convince our board directors that you are not involved in misused of company’s cash flows. This whole day, I have been analyzing and calculating credits and debits of your personal account, based on the information from bank statement. I also compared those total with our company’s loss profit for the past six months. Beside that, I make tally all of our board directors’ account with the loss percentage. How amazing, I have discovered who is behind all this. InsyaAllah, the evidence is in your side, sir.”

I bet after heard that one side conversation, you are standing numb. Full of ashamed and start asking your own achievement to compare with that young girl. Am I right? You are never imagining in your head that she is as important as that to her employer. That explains all of your perceptions to her at the very beginning. Absolutely prejudice! With her dusky and inappropriate organized files, her tiredness and her untidiness. However, why she still can bestow you a smile? That is because she has been on top of her complicated task. She manages to handle it all, letting all of her energy used. Unexpectedly, the long way has ended. At first, you never thought she is a key person and you might think that she is tired looking for a job vacancies by looking at her state. So, do you find her secret weapon? I saw you nodded with cracking smile.

“O you who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor let some women laugh at others: it may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: ill seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: and those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.”

(Al-Hujurat 49:11)

To simplify the meaning of secret weapon, I would say it is ‘hidden capability’. We always used our very first impression to judge people. Yes, I admit that the first impression is important to tell the whole world who are you. Nevertheless, we are never being ready to be judge in a hectic condition like the one I created, above. If I put you in that young girl circumstances, I believe you will never wanted people to underestimate you, right? Hehe. I saw you nodded once again. There you go. Secret weapon habitually exposed whenever it needed. Even though you have not found your own secret weapon now, do not worry because sometimes other people will find it for you soon.

“And swell not your check (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loves not any arrogant boaster.”

(Luqman 31:18)

Do you want to know what my secret weapon is? You had better be not. Because, if I tell you what my secret weapon is, it would never be a secret anymore!