Its been a while, I haven't post anything in here to share. Lots of apology asked.
SALAM MAULIDURRASUL to all my respected visitors :) May Allah guide us to acknowledge syafaah from HABIBALLAH, the messanger of Allah ~ Muhammad bin Abdullah (p.b.u.h) ... amiiin.
Come, together we follow the sunnah! Read :) Iqra' :) Bacalah :)
This is another book or I may say; one of a kind book attracted me to ponder upon at my first glance. Though, I can't share a lot. But I guess, these are just fine ;) Insya Allah.
CHAPTER ONE - ACQUAINTING WITH AL-QUR’AN
1) Al-Qur’an is the guide for people of taqwa. [al-Baqarah 2: 1-2]
2) Al-Qur’an is an illuminating light. [an-Nisa’ 1: 174] [al-Hadid 57: 9] [al-Maidah 5: 15-16]
3) Al-Qur’an distinguishes the truth from the falsehood. [al-Baqarah 2: 185] an-Nisa’ 4: 59]
4) Al-Qur’an is the spirit that gives life. [as-Syura 42: 52] [Yunus 10: 57]
5) Al-Qur’an is the key to nobility. [al-Anbiya’ 21: 10] [az-Zukhruf 43: 44] [an-Nisa’ 4: 138-139]
6) Al-Qur’an introduces Allah to us. Luqman 31: 20]
CHAPTER TWO - 9 TIPS IN STUDYING AL-QUR’AN
1) Having the desire to study al-Qur’an.
2) Cleansing the misconception that studying al-Qur’an on our own will lead to astray.
3) To realise that al-Qur’an was revealed by Allah.
4) To realise that al-Qur’an is meant for us.
5) To accept al-Qur’an as a guidance and not otherwise.
6) To measure the reality to al-Qur’an and not vice versa.
7) Unrestrained al-Qur’an from the limitation of people, time and place.
8) Not interpreting al-Qur’an.
9) Putting into practice whatever we have learnt from al-Qur’an.
CHAPTER THREE - HOW TO MAKE USE THE NARRATIONS IN AL-QUR’AN
1) Learn the lessons from their life histories.
2) Learning from their defaults so as not to repeat them.
3) Analysing ourselves: are we following their attitudes?
a) Learning how to invite people to Islam (da’wa).
b) Attaining tranquillity and strength in holding up to the truth.
c) Rectifying the histories of the Prophets.
CHAPTER FOUR - 3 PREREQUISITES FOR THE EFFICACY OF AL-QUR’AN
1) The whole al-Qur’an is efficacious.
2) The efficacy of al-Qur’an rests in its teachings.
3) Do not practice something that contradicts with al-Qur’an.
CHAPTER FIVE - CURRENT MIS-INTERPRETATION OF AL-QUR’AN
1) Not interpreting al-Qur’an with al-Qur’an.
2) Not observing the unique language af al-Qur’an.
3) Not interpreting al-Qur’an with as-Sunnah.
4) Forsaking the opinion of the companions in interpreting al-Qur’an.
5) Interpreting some verses as metaphorical verses (Majaz).
6) Assuming there are veiled interpretations of al-Qur’an.
7) Not observing from whom al-Qur’an came and to whom it is addressed to.
8) Assuming certain religious queries is not covered by al-Qur’an.
9) Converting al-Qur’an into a science book.
CHAPTER SIX - CONTRADICTIONS IN AL-QUR’AN
TECHNIQUES IN RESOLVING CONTRADICTIONS
1) Check the translation or the meaning of those verses - is it true that there is contradiction in the verses. Sometimes, contradiction claimed is simply due to inaccurate translation, misunderstanding or own addition in words.
2) Check whether the verses are supporting each other.
3) Identify the background of these verses.
4) Master the discussion of those verses and find further explanation either from another verse or authentic hadeeth (the tradition) of Rasulullah s.a.w..
5) When the contradiction refers to the narrations of prophets, focus the analyses on the three following factors, either it is the same or different:
a) The human being who interacts.
b) The scenario where the interaction took place.
c) The factors initiating the human beings’ interaction and the scenario.
Details of Book:
* Let’s get acquainted with al-Qur’an (Marilah Berkenalan dengan al-Qur’an)
* Hafiz Firdaus Abdullah. 2007.
* Perniagaan Jahabersa. Johor Bahru.
* Translator: Shabnam Mokhtar & Siti Manisah Ngalim.